Sunday, November 6, 2011

Think Twice Before Filing Bankruptcy

Years ago, I was afraid I might have to file bankruptcy. Drowning in debt, it seemed like a distinct possibility. But I didn't, and I have been on payment programs for my credit cards since. Within a year and a half, I wll totally be out of credit card debt. So excited! I remember when it was five years until being debt free and it seemed like I would never get there. Now, I it is within grasp. I am glad I did this. Too many times, people may choose bankruptcy, when they can work the problem out for themselves. And a bankruptcy will dog you forever.


Then I went to law school and became interested inb being a bankruptcy attorney. I took the class in school and have since graduated, bot I have not followed through yet on being a BK attorney. I almost took a chapter 7 case, but I taked him into making a payment plan instead. I would really like to have a BK practice someday. I haven't bought the software yet--it is pretty expensive, plus I have't worked out my schedule yet to be able to take some classes. There were some other things that I needed to figure out, like where to find a bankruptcy class for my clients to take (it is required.). I have heard that an online bankruptcy course would fulfill the requirement too. There are a lot of things to think about when taking on this area of law. But I think it would be interesting and also lucrative in this economy.

No comments: