Saturday, July 24, 2010

Need Multiple Income Streams

My friends and I have been talking about the importance of having multiple income streams. Especially when you are trying to strike out on your own. The newspapers have been littered lately with stories about people who put all of their eggs in one basket, and when the economy tanked so did their income. Like the man who gave up his regular job and took on one consulting client, and when they let him go, he had no income and could not find another job. Lost his home and saw his possessions on the side of the road. Very sad. And there are many others out there like that.

Right now, I am trying to figure out if I can quit my day job and become a full time solo lawyer. It would be easier to do if I had some extra income, especially online income. If I went out on my own, I would have to pay for my own health insurance, which is always high. Also, I would need to make sure I had some saved income to fall back on.

For some time, I have been trying different ways of online moneymaking. I used to do online surveys, but not so much anymore. I have been pretty successful at mystery shopping and freelance writing, and I could do more of both if I had the time. That would be a good source of extra income. I am going to investigate other ways to make money online as well.

No comments: