Sunday, June 13, 2010

Debt Really Holds You Back

I am experiencing again the negative effects of debt. I am within two years of being debt free.  Which for me is a miracle. A few years ago, I never thought I would be that close. But thanks to stopping using my credit cards and listening to Dave Ramsey, among other financial gurus, I am closer than ever.

But I have had my law license for a year. I am still at my old job, but have taken a few law cases on the side. And I have had some success.

But if I were debt free right now, I would feel more free quitting my job and hanging my law shingle. But because I am still saddled with debt, I don't feel I can do that. My debt payments still take up too much of my monthly check. This is sad. Debt does limit possibilities. But the good news is, I am getting closer.

No comments: