Tuesday, May 25, 2010

When Will I Be Able To Buy A House?

I have what financial guru Dave Ramsey would call House Hunger. I have a condo, but oh boy I want a house. Not just any house. A house with charm, in the right neighborhoods (right to me). A Victorian bungalow in a neighborhoond near me would be just fine. But how would I pay for it? Renting my condo would definitely help. Waiting until after I pay off my debt would help too. I don't want to buy something I can't afford, or buy too soon, or not think it through .Un huh--dont't want to do that. I am trying to save up as much money as I can while paying off debt as fast as I can. Not easy for me. I also have to do some repairs around my condo before I rent it out. The good part is that rents in my neighborhood are pretty high. But I would have to update it some first. Maybe I could get one of those things called a Home Loan Modification. Maybe that could reduce my mortgage on my condo enough, where I could free up some monthly cash that way too. Anyway--by hook or crook I want to be in the house of my choice in two years.

No comments: