Thursday, April 29, 2010

What Degree Should I Get Next?

People would laugh at me if I said I was going back to school. After all, I already have both a master's and a JD degree. But even so, there are still degree programs I could benefit from. Thr are some gaps I could fill. For instance, a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) ciould give me the business skills I need. Granted, those with a law degree often run companies, but there are still some business type skills that aren't covered by a law degree. I would really like to work in the area of employee law, or just have HR credentials for a business, and you could get those in business school.

A friend of mine is now working on her Doctor of Education (Ed.D.). We often kid each other about all of our schooling, but to be honest, you never waste money when you spend it on education. In this day and age, a Master of Public Health (MPH) would really make sense. There are going to be lots of opportunities for people with good health care skills in the coming years. And with more and more degree programs being offered online, it is easier and easier to go back to school. No commuting!

1 comment:

David said...

I think degrees should help but experience is more important as employers like us ( http://www.pay1day.com ) want more experienced and savvy employees