Monday, April 26, 2010

The Small Things Count When Watching Your Finances

I am trying oh so hard to get ahead in my finances. I am starting to feel a little bit better about how I handle things. But I am still messing up in some areas. That makes me mad, especially when it is needless. I went to the grocery store on Friday night and got a couple of things, including a frozen lazagna. It is not the most expensive thing I have ever gotten, but it is not the cheapest either. I love frozen lasagna, so I went home and put it into the oven. I had had a long week, so poured myself a glass of red wine. Yum! The perfect way to unwind. The problem is that it takes so long for those frozen lasagnas to cook--about an hour and a half almost. By the time it was ready, I was already sleepy. I got a plateful and sat down in front of the TV and ate it. I thought that I would wait a little while before going back for seconds (trying to cut down on what I eat too). Well, that was a mistake. I never went back for seconds, which was a good thing, but I also never covered the remainder of the lasagna and put it back in the fridge! So no leftovers, and at least two more wasted meals. Mad at myself. But I will make sure not to do it again.

No comments: