Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Hand at Mystery Shopping

In my quest to make some extra money, I have been investigating a number of ways to earn some extra cash.

My latest venture is mystery shopping. I have been intrigued by it for some time, but just did not have to time to even investigate it while in law school. Now that I am out, and have taken the bar, I am taking a stab at it while I wait for my bar exam results.

I signed up with a mystery shopping company, one that alerts you to shopping opportunities in your area. There is a fee to belong. I know people say don't pay to earn money, but I am only doing a trial run, which only cost me $4.99 for a month.

So far, I have to say it has been worth it. Just slightly halfway through my paid month, I have already made about $150. Not bad return on the money! In the process, you have to sign up with individual mystery shopping companies, so at the the end of the month, I might not even have to renew. I can just go directly to the individual companies' websites and accept assignments there.

In doing mystery shopping, you do have to plan and take assignments that will fit into your schedule. I have limited myself to one assignment a day. I don't want to overdue it with my regular job, etc. So far I really like it. It seems to be an easy way to make a little cash that can help close the gap financially.

No comments: