Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Credit Card Reps Being Helpful--Sort Of

I have been more attentive lately to credit card due dates, and my bank balance, and not overdrawing my account. I have been able to move some due dates around. I get paid twice a month, and for me this is harder than getting paid once a month. I used to get paid once a month, and then you can pay your bills as you go along. With twice a month, I always run short of money. Bills are due at inopportune times between my paydays. Lately, I have had a lot of luck with calling bill collectors and asking them to change a due date. They mostly have done it. I have been shocked, but thrilled. That is until today when I called Discover. The rep said he would be able to move my due date forward two days, but then said they may drop me from my payment program. I was very disappointed. They want to get paid, and I want to pay my bills, and something simple like moving a due date one or two days would be productive for everyone involved. But I guess some CC companies can only be so helpful.

No comments: