Thursday, April 3, 2008

I Really Don't Like Wal-Mart

Just when I think things with Wal-Mart are getting better, they pull another boner. Back in my previous job, I heard a speaker who had been a consultant to Wal-Mart's CEO say the CEO wanted the company to be a more socially responsible company. Like being more environmentally aware and being a better employer, i.e, providing health insurance and such. It warmed my heart. I was hoping it was true. Well, maybe it is true on some level. But I have never seen a company step in it more than Wal-Mart. The news about them suing the woman who was their employer who had had an accident and is now brain damaged is beyond belief. She won a settlement that will help ease her now horrible life a little. And Wal-Mart wants to take that money from her! It is not that they are not entitled to it. Of course they are. That is not the point. They look like the greedy bottomless scum that they are. Apparently, they have never heard of public relations before. They really suck at it and deserve the bad rap they are getting.

Disclosure: I did get a Wal-Mart gift card for Christmas that I used the other day. I had to hold my nose the whole time in the store. Yes, they do offer low prices that do help out poor people. But that is about all you can say about them. And they could be much more.

2 comments:

Credit Expert said...

Wow! That's horrible about Wal Mart. Do you have a link to a news article so I can read more about it?

Experts on Credit

Debtie Nomore said...

I'll find one and post it as soon as I can. Wal-Mart has tried to do some good things lately, and then this......