Sunday, December 23, 2007

Minimum Payment Confusion

I again talked with CitiCards today about my balance. I get worried because each time I call, I get a different story. I need to improve my FICO and credit score, and I need to do it by April if possible. So getting the right info is important. Today I called the 800 number to see how much I need to bring my account current. I could swear that last month when I talked with them, they said I was about 60 days late. I need to avoid going 90 days late at all costs.

I made a payment then, and I called back today to ask the same question. They said I was current but over the credit limit (I knew I was over the credit limit.). I know I am not good at math, but this is ridiculous. If I was about 60 days late last month and made a payment to hold it stable, I would think I would still be in the same position this month, but I am suddenly current??? I kept asking and asking about it and even asked to speak to a supervisor about it. And they all said I was current but over the credit limit.

I am going to accept their answer, but hope this is not an example of if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I just don't understand why you get different answers all of the time.

No comments: