Thursday, December 20, 2007

Living on $12,000 a Year

I just read an article on msnbc.com about a woman in her 40s who has gone back to school and is living on $12,000 a year. She does this by living on alimony and a school grant. She never mentioned what degree she is seeking. She says she is not only living but thriving on this amount of money.

If she says she is, who am I to argue with her? I know that she wants to study hard and do well, and that she doesn't want a job eating into her study time, but I can't help but think that having to think that hard about every dollar you spend is time wasted too. More power to her, but in her shoes, I think I would rather just find a way to make more money.

Here is the link:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/LearnToBudget/SurvivingAndThrivingOn12000AYear.aspx

No comments: