Monday, November 26, 2007

Getting the Best Insurance Rate

Insurance is on my mind right now. In my current job, I have life insurance but not very much. I am single, no kids, so I don't really need a lot of life insurance, but sometimes you still want it to be part of your mix.

I have approached my "relative" boss about giving us some more options for insurance, but he seems unimpressed with the idea. I don't understand--it would cost him or the company nothing it seems, as we would tap into our association's group rates.

Well, anyway, I have good health insurance, but measly life insurance, and no disability. Just for the heck of it, I thought I would check some Websites to see what some prices might be.

For me, term life would probably be the better choice, as I am not really looking at life insurance as a way to save money. But for those who do want to use life insurance as a way to accumulate cash value, they might want to check out their whole life insurance.

Right now, I am more concerned about disability insurance, so I filled out a form on that . We'll see what I get back. I'd rather do it through our company, but that may not be an option.

No comments: