Monday, March 18, 2013

When You Need Debt Help

In my last post, I talked about how I am just a couple of months away from being debt free. What a blessing. And what a long time coming. I never thought I would be here, to be honest.

I know the shame. The stress. The endless collection calls and letters. The inability to pay the bills. Or to get a new credit card. The worry about maybe not being able to buy a new car when you really need one because of a low credit score. Or any number of scenarios. The worry about meeting a guy and maybe his rejecting you because of your financial problems. Your never getting ahead. And seeing money just go down the drain.

I realized I needed debt help. I listened to radio shows, read books, blogs, magazine articles, everything I could get my hands on about conquering debt. Things didn't start happening until I became obsessed with getting out of debt. I wasn't perfect, but I got on payment plans, didn't take out any new credit, was more deliberate with spending money. And I saw my balances go down. Not my life looks a lot brighter and my future more secure.

No comments: