Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Can Friends Get You In Money Trouble?

My answer to that question is a definite yes! The article below talks about the ways that friends can lead to money trouble and how to try to handle that.

I don't mind buying gifts for friends, because I am one of those who thinks that gifts are precious. Just don't overdo it!

I don't have so much trouble from friends about money now, but I did when I was young. I had three friends, all older, who set me off on the wrong financial course, one that I am still dealing with today. OK, I know that it was really my fault that I spent more than I had to keep up with my older, glamorous friends. But I got the feeling that they liked that I was struggling to keep up with them and goaded me into it. See, they ended up not being very good friends--it just took me a while to catch on.

So, the result was I developed really bad money habits right out of college. And when I say I am paying for that years later--decades later--I really am. But my debt level is going down fast, and within a year I will be out of debt, except for my car. And that is where I want to stay.


http://money.msn.com/frugal-living/post.aspx?post=4674a9c0-a983-49b5-8743-9ccb55fa9215

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Definitely, you should either change your friends or a resort to no credit check loans Canada to maintain your friendship with expensive gifts. Thе ideal lifestyle ѕhοulԁ bе іn form οf financial stability. Most people will spend more money if they have more money to spend. Mаkе sure уουr financial status іѕ ɡοοԁ thеn ɡο fοr maintaining lifestyle. And plan your monthly budget, which would include payments for the new loan.