Monday, December 5, 2011

I Am Gazelle Intense!

For those of you who listen to the Dave Ramsey radio show, you know the phrase "gazelle intent."  Dave encourages his listeners to be gazelle intent in getting rid of debt, using the metaphor of the gazelle as its intent on running away from lions and tigers on the savannah in Africa. He wants you to be that focused on it.

I feel as if I have truly been gazelle intent in the last several months. I am working at my regular job, doing a little legal work part time, doing freelance writing, and mystery shopping. Whew--that is a lot of work. I do feel like I am working all of the time. I am making great progress in paying off my debt, even though it is not as fast as Dave would like. I still have a nasty little habit of meeting friends for dinner too much and blowing my budget. But I am working on scaling that back. And I need to stop overdrafting. I still do that from time to time, and that sets me back and runs counter to my goal of being debt free.

Sometimes I feel like I am working too much, and that has me worried. Like, I am not exercising as much, or sleeping enough, or stressing too much on all the work I have to do. And yes, people have made fun of me being on my computer so much. I have tried to tell them that part of the reason I am on the computer a lot is because of my internet businesses. But they don't get it.

I think within a year and a half, I will have my debt paid off and will be able to slow down. But also what I would like is for my internet businesses to take off, and I could make more money with less work. A dual goal. I am gazelle intent.

No comments: