Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bank of America Ends Overdraft Fees

Even though I am not a BOA customer, I should be celebrating this new development. After all, if one bank stops this heinous practice, won't the other ones soon follow suit?

But I find that I am torn about this. Yes, I have donated enough to Regions through NSF to make it my favorite charity. Which is dumb. But I do have to say I do like the convenience of being able to use my card even if there are not enough funds in the checking account to cover it. Particularly on the weekend, I can use my card and even if it goes into negative balance, I won't get a fee if I make a deposit to cover it by 4 p.m. on Monday. And that is a lot of convenience. Enough to make up for the occasional fees I get? Probably not, but that is what makes me my lovable foolish debtridden self.

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/03/09/bank-of-america-ends-overdraft-fees/?icid=mainmaindl6link3http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walletpop.com%2Fblog%2F2010%2F03%2F09%2Fbank-of-america-ends-overdraft-fees%2F

No comments: