Friday, December 25, 2009

Close Call With Overdraft

Yesterday, I was holding my breath. I did not realize that both my bank and my credit union closed at noon because it was Christmas Eve. I wanted to go by my credit union and withdraw some money to deposit in my checking account at another financial institution. I could have gone by early in the morning, but I was sleeping late, drinking coffee, probably blogging--thinking I didn't have to worry. Well turns out I did--I didn't get out in my car until about 2 p.m. Too late to do any banking. I had a number of outstanding checks and automated withdrawals that could have could through last night. I checked my balance online early this morning, and I had a balance of $1.43! And I could have had $230 worth of checks to go through. I was awfully lucky. I can't risk NSF fees right now.

No comments: