Friday, September 11, 2009

Small Step To Prevent Overdrafts

Overdrafts on my checking account have plagued me for years. I don't know how much money I have wasted through NSF charges, but they would probably add up a pretty penny. I am being better about watching my balances online and transferring money when I need to, and I am also trying to use my debit card less. But I have taken another step to help stop overdrafts: opened a savings account and linked it to my checking account. Again, not rocket science. I should have opened a savings account years ago anyway (to be fair to myself, I do have a savings account at a credit union). But this savings account will help me avoid overdrafts. If I am a little short of money, it will draw it from the savings account and hopefully keep me from overdrawing in many cases.

No comments: