Thursday, January 29, 2009

The 60 Percent Solution

I read an article online today about the 60 percent solution, or how to live on 60 percent of what you make. Dare I try it? I always go over my take home pay, so how in the world could I live on 60 percent of it?

This might be a good time to try though, and I will experiment for the next few months. I am on reduced hours and pay anyway, not only because of the across-the-board pay cuts at our company, but because I am going to be working even fewer hours during the next month because I am taking off some time to study for the bar exam. I think I can make it on 60 percent of my income, or pretty close, for the next month. This is also a good time of the year for me to try it, as my really big expenses are out of the way for a while. It might turn out it has to be 80 percent or 90 percent or whatever. But if I can cut back at all, it will be worth it. I need to save money!

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/LearnToBudget/ASimplerWayToSaveThe60Solution.aspx

No comments: