Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Narrowing My Focus in Mystery Shopping

I am now at the end of my third month of mystery shopping. I have to say overall I like it. What I like is the money and that some of the shops are outside my ordinary routine and pathway. I get to go to other parts of the city and try things that I ordinarily wouldn't try.

Like test driving the sportscar. Now that was fun! It was a little hot roadster, and boy did I look good in it, and was it fun to drive! I have enjoyed the apartment shops and also the bank shop I did the other day.

But now that I am three months in, it is time to take stock. I am also starting to study for the bar exam again, and I have to be aware of my time. What I am going to do is not take anymore low paying mystery shops, which means no more fast food ones. That is OK, since I don't need fast food anyway. I am not going to repeat some of the time consuming ones, like the dry cleaning one I recently did. Not that it really was so bad, but I had to drive a long way, and they kept not having my clothes ready. So I had to make multiple trips.

Basically, I am going to make $15 the bottom fee that I will accept. And I will only accept that if the shop sounds interesting or is extremely easy. I really don't want to do anything under $20. My bar exam study time won't allow for it.

No comments: