Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Great Financial Crisis

It is hard to believe what is happening out there right now. Like most people, I don't really want to think about it too much or I might go crazy. The one financial thing that I had done right was save for retirement, and now it is plummeting. I did the obligatory call to the brokerage house, and was told to leave my money where it is, which I knew I should do. Right now, they reminded me, it is only a paper loss. But if I sell my stocks and put them in a safer mechanism, and then later try to buy them back, I will have a real money loss. I know to stay put. But it is scary. That retirement fund was the one thing I thought I could count on. But I didn't count on this mess. I am totally disgusted with the greedy CEOs. I thought we had learned our lesson after Enron, et al. People complain about the government, but sometimes it is business that is really the evil. Or the people running business, I should add.

No comments: