Friday, May 16, 2008

Was I Just Born Yesterday?

OK, I have admitted I am far from being a financial genius, but at least I do have some awareness. I just got a sales call on my cell phone (I had heard these were going to start.) The sales pitch goes like this: I get a $1,000 shopping spree online if I buy some magazines. Of course I don't know where online I can do this shopping. What if it is restricted to some kind of website I don't like? Like it wouldn't benefit me to get a $1,000 shopping spree for a camping gear site, for example, because I would have no need for that. I asked the woman what the site was and she wasn't going to tell me. The catch is I have to buy 4 magazines at $24.98 a month for 60 months. Guess what? Of course that adds up to more than $1,000! I guess they thought I was born yesterday. I feel sorry for people who have to work at places like that. Imagine having to make your living by peddling back schemes like that?

1 comment:

Credit Expert said...

Glad you caught that. I wonder how many people actually fall for those schemes. I've received some sales calls on my cellphone too, which drives me nuts. How are they getting access to our cell phone numbers?

ExpertsOnCredit